Created By: North Dakota State University
Fargo’s first city hall was housed on the corner or Roberts St and NP Ave. It shared the building with the fire department until it burned down in 1893 during the Fargo Fire. The building housed almost all city record causing them to also burn. This contributes to the difficulty to finding information on city hall. A new building was built for the fire department in 1893 and an edition was made to house city hall in 1910.(1)
Photo courtesy of: "Fargo, Cass County, ND 1892". Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for North Dakota, Institute for Regional Studies, North Dakota State University, Fargo.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Fargo In Flames