Created By: Wabash County Museum
578 North Wabash Street
Built: 1910
Style: Late Queen Anne
Harry and Anna Clark were te original owners of this home. Mr. Clark, along with his brother Charles, established Clark Grocery on South Wabash Street, which was a Wabash institution until 1942. The Clarks' only daughter, Elizabeth, married B. V. Worth, and together they owned and resided in the home until 1957.
Queen Anne elements include the irregular massing, the shingled, dominant, front-facing gable, and the recessed porch on the second story. Other interesting Queen Anne features include the three small, square windows in the gable of the front façade, the spindlework on the second-story porch, and the dentils and decorative braces between each level of the home. The stone veneer on the first story is a post-World War II addition.
This point of interest is part of the tour: North Wabash Historic District
Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.