Created By: Fort Myers CRA
Built by the developer of the Fort Myers Dean Park residential neighborhood, the Dean Building opened as the Morgan Hotel in 1924. Initially, 22 rooms were available to weary travelers, but the next year 70 more rooms were added to keep up with demand. Dean Street was constructed as a direct result of the hotel, to give the hotel entrances on both Dean and First streets. In the 1930s, hotel guests were invited to tea dances on the building's rooftop solarium. Over the years, the first floor was home to a shoe store, a children's clothing shop, real estate office, and restaurants. The first floor currently contains a restaurant, with office suites on the upper floors.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Historic Tour