Created By: David
1004 Baltimore Avenue
Charles A. Smith (1902-03)
McKecknie & Trask, architects (1927)
Stark Wilson Duncan Architects (2002)
The ten-story Dwight Building is considered to be the first all-steel framed building constructed in Kansas City. Smith’s design for the original seven story portion of the building, with its richly ornamented Commercial style, more than likely influenced the design of the buildings in the immediate vicinity.
Stephen N. Dwight, the original owner of the Dwight, held multiple real estate investments throughout Kansas City. In 1927 an addition of three stories crowned the building. The building was rehabilitated in 2002.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Library District Walking Tour