E K Green's Building

Simon's Town Historical Society

E K Green's Building

Cape Town, Simon's Town, Western Cape 7995, South Africa

Created By: Simon's Town Historical Society


The Erf was surveyed in 1799 and in 1845, the land was transferred to one James Bailey. In 1848 the property with certain buildings thereon was transferred to Pieter Francois Hugo and Heinrich Pieter Hablutzel. A condition of the transfer was that the wall between the buildings on this Erf and the buildings on the Erf on the northern side (Erf 885) would remain as a common wall. The property with buildings was sold by Public Auction to E.K. Green and Co. in 1902. Plans for a Bottle Store, designed by Parker and Forsyth, were passed by the Municipality in March 1905. The plan shows the front wall facing the street and the wall against the old wall of the Prince Alfred as being new. The north wall, which is also the wall of Anthony's Building is old and maybe the wall referred to in the Transfer Deed dated 23 Jan 1850.


This point of interest is part of the tour: Simon's Town Historical Society


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.