Created By: Fort Myers CRA
the Edison Regency House/Franklin Arms Hotel building began as the Hill House, a small boarding house operated by Mary F. Hill. It gradually expanded to become one of Fort Myers’ leading hotels. W.P Franklin purchased it in 1918 and renamed it the Franklin Arms Hotel. In 1924, a 7-story addition containing 84 rooms―including a rooftop restaurant―created the city’s first skyscraper. According to old hotel postcards, "...each room [had a] private bath and steam heat. Spacious Lobby, Veranda, Dining Room, Cocktail Bar, News-Stand. Sun Deck on Roof". Today it contains an office and residences.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Historic Tour