Created By: Scouts Troop755
239 High Street
The Edward H. Lapham House was built around 1835-40. Originally 1 ½ stories high, it now stands a full three stories on the south side. The central core chimney served fireplaces in the basement, dining room and kitchen, with a bake oven behind the kitchen chimney. Pottery was fired in the basement kiln. Hand hewn beams and a typical barn frame with mortise and tenon construction, and wooden pins are further evidence of early handiwork.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Northville Heritage Hike