Created By: Ithaca Heritage
29 Auburn Road rear parking area beside the Lansing Town Hall, Lansing
Date built: c.1830s-1840s
Originally located on Peruville Road, this clapboard one-room schoolhouse dates to around the 1830s or 1840s. It served pupils from grades one through eight until 1948. The building was moved to its present site and is now used to educate schoolchildren and visitors about typical school life in the 19th century.
2021. V20-305. Image courtesy of The History Center in Tompkins County.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Schools of Tompkins County