Created By: David
The original seven-story Finance Building had the distinction of being built primarily to supply office space for finance companies and their attorneys. Smith and Rea’s plans for the two-part vertical block Commercial style facility called for terra cotta and granite to match the walls of the adjacent New England Bank Building. Smith was once again hired in 1923 to design the addition of an eighth floor. The building was rehabilitated in 2004.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Library District Walking Tour