Created By: Northville Historical Society
The Ford Valve Plant was built in 1919 as a part of Henry Ford’s “Village Industries” initiative. Village Industries was meant to integrate manufacturing into rural communities, this was the first, and longest lasting, factory to implement this system. The factory ran on mostly hydroelectric energy, from the waterwheel. The building was resigned to art deco style in 1936 by Albert Kahn. The Valve manufacturing facility was active until 1950, when it was turned into office buildings.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historic Mill Race Village, Northville