Created By: Fort Myers CRA
In its decades of existence, the Fort Myers Realty Company Building has been home to several real estate companies, including its namesake Fort Myers Realty Company from 1927 through the early 1930s. At the same time, the first floor featured H.B. Hoyer Grocery Company along First Street, although generally it held professionally-oriented such as attorneys and insurance companies. In the 1940s, however, the Elephant Restaurant operated in the former grocery spot and offered patrons food and a cold beer. Today, it once again features realty and attorney offices.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Historic Tour