Helix Milling Company

Helix, Oregon Historical Walking Tour

Helix Milling Company

Helix, Oregon 97835, United States

Created By: Lorin Kubishta


The Helix Mill opened in 1918. It was lost to a fire in 1968. The facility had a milling capacity of 400 barrels per day, and the bulk storage capacity of the four concrete tanks was 60,000 bushels. The Helix Flour mill was farmer-owned. The concrete building was used for a gym for a short time when school was held in the current city hall building. The area adjoining the flour mill to the north was flooded for ice skating before the mill was built.

All that remains of the structure are the four circular concrete grain bins and the former PGG grain elevator..

This point of interest is part of the tour: Helix, Oregon Historical Walking Tour


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.