Created By: Northville Historical Society
The blacksmith shop was built on Main and Hutton St in Northville by Mr. Hirsch, a Northville resident who moved from New York in the 1860s. Unfortunately, the shop was demolished in 1930. Mill Race decided to rebuild this replica of the shop in 1983. This replica now contains a working forge, where in the summer on Sundays local blacksmiths demonstrate smithing. The other side of the building holds a museum with a rotating exhibit space, currently about Northville in the 1800s.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historic Mill Race Village, Northville