Created By: Camron-Stanford House
in 1858 San Francisco's first Chief of Police,Malachi Fallon purchased 10 acres of land between the areas of what is now 7th Street and Oak St. His home was built in the Long Island farmhouse style, and was the first house in Oakland to be constructed with lath and plaster.
In 1890 the house was converted into the Chabot Woman's Home with an endowment provided by Anthony Chabot. The home intended to provide safe, affordable housing options for "worthy working women." The home operated until aproximately 1935.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Dr. Merritt's Neighborhood