Created By: North Dakota State University
This building houses our horse drawn vehicles, including mail coaches, diary wagons, school busses, and even an antique hearse.
Built in the late 1800's, the Myhra-Fredrikson Funeral Home in Davenport, ND purchased the hearse in 1905. The last time the hearse was used by Mr. Fredrikson himself was in June of 1932, when heavy rains necessitated two teams to pull the hearse throught the mud. The hearse was used for the last time in 1986, when Mr. Fredrikson's son, Robert, passed away. He had specifically requested the hearse be brought from Bonanzaville for his funeral.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Bonanzaville Full Village Tour