Created By: Northville Historical Society
This classic greek revival house with half-gabled wings was built on Main Street and Griswold in 1851 by Stephen Hunter. The style of home is often called “hen and chicks” because of the shape of the house. The home is a perfect representation of a middle class family in the Victorian era. The home was passed through the Hunter family for many years and was donated to Mill Race in 1972 by the city of Northville. It's original location was the south side of Main Street at Griswold. The house serves as a house museum, furnished with items typical of the period.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historic Mill Race Village, Northville