Created By: PocketSights
Huntington Hall is home to the School of Education and the Office of Student Support Services. Although it's flanked by Marshall Street's many shopping and dining options, Huntington also features its own café, as well as classrooms and faculty offices, a computer lab, and a study area.
Acquired by SU:1915
Named for:Bishop Huntington, founder of the hospital
Materials:Wood, with brick and stone additions
Renovated and Expanded:1916 and 1918
Location:Marshall Street at University Avenue
1983 Renovation:Cost, $3,954,000; Architects, Schleicher-Soper; Contractor, JD Taylor
2013 Renovation:Cost, $2.5 million; Architects, PARA-Projects and Jonathan Lott, SU School of Architecture
Originally known as the Hospital of the Good Shepherd, it was re-named Huntington Hall in 1964 to honor the late Rt. Rev. Frederick D. Huntington, former Episcopal bishop of the Diocese of Central New York and the founder of the hospital. After patients and staff moved into the new State University Upstate Medical Center Hospital in 1966, the building was converted for academic purposes. A major renovation begun in 1982 moved the building's entrance from Marshall Street to University Avenue. Iron gates which previously topped the seating area at Archbold Stadium were erected between Huntington Hall and Marshall Street. A 2013 renovation re-established the main entrance on Marshall Street and the iron gates were removed. On May 9, the new Sharon H. Jacquet (class of 1972) Education Commons was dedicated.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Syracuse University Campus Tour