Created By: Lake Hartwell Country - Leadership Pendleton on the Map
Site #19: James Hunter House
(a) This wood frame house, constructed in 1860, is identical in plan and elevation to the Sitton House directly across the street.
(b) Existing to the right of the house is a small brick building which may have been Hunter’s blacksmith shop but could have been an earlier tin shop. It served as headquarters for the Jones Rifles during the Civil War.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Pendleton Historic Walking Tour