Created By: Duchess Downtown Tours
HISTORIC HOUSE 443 North Sterling Street Circa 1903: James McNaspy Anna M. Blanchet, wife of James McNaspy, purchased this property from George M. Snodgrass in 1903. The home was built by McNaspy shortly thereafter. McNaspy was a Civil War Veteran from Kansas, and reportedly the first plaster craftsman in Lafayette. He did the original plaster work on this house. In 1922, James and Anna’s son, Emmet, inherited the property. Emmett’s brother, C. J. McNaspy was the first Athletic Director at UL Lafayette. The nowdemolished McNaspy Stadium was named in his honor. Emmet lost the home during the Great Depression, and in 1939 it was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Louis Michot.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Sterling Grove Historic District Tour