Kellogg Park

Downtown Plymouth Historical Sites

Kellogg Park

Plymouth, Michigan 48170, United States

Created By: Volunteer

Point of Interest Details

Kellogg Park, the focal point and social heart of downtown Plymouth, was chartered in 1867 from land once owned by William Starkweather and later sold to John Kellogg.

It was the site of the Barnum Circus, in 1856, when a whale oil lamp burst at the Root’s Hotel, across the street, and started a major fire.

Trees were planted before the Civil War in 1858.

For generations, Kellogg Park has been the most recognizable icon for the City of Plymouth. The park is the site of dozens of concerts each summer and hosts numerous special events including Art in the Park, the Ice Festival, the Plymouth Rotary Chicken BBQ as well as being a daily gather space for residents and visitors. Giving life the the phrase: "There's always something going on in Downtown Plymouth."

For a schedule of events happening in Kellogg Park visit the Downtown Plymouth website.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Plymouth Historical Sites


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to