Created By: Rideau District Museum
Knox Presbyterian Church ~ 47 Concession Street
The first Presbyterian church was built on this site in 1859. It was destroyed by fire in 1896. Just ten months later the congregation erected the present building. The pews and pulpit were made locally in W.C. Fredenburgh’s furniture factory. Originally a cone-shaped tower stood on top of the entrance but, because of its open design, it did not withstand Canadian winters and had to be removed.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Walking Tour of Westport, Ontario