Created By: Jessica Raburn
Now home to Heartland Bicycle and First Gear Running Company, the building at 111 Mosley was originally the Lampl Produce Building. Construction began in 1907 on this 2-story brick warehouse and was completed in 1908. The size, materials, and “modern” cold storage facilities made this a notable development in what was then called the “wholesale district” in Wichita. Wichita newspapers detailed the plans, permits, and construction of the building, as well as celebrated when business commenced there. The company was so successful that one of its proprietors, Fred Lampl, traveled to California hoping to establish a branch there. The building remained in the Lampl family trust until 1972, when it was sold to the Cox Produce Company whose painted signs are still found on the building.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Honors Takes Old Town ICT