Created By: Goulbourn Township Historical Society
This handsome building is typical of small commercial buildings from 1820 to 1850. Built for William Lyon in 1843, it is made of quarried stone with decorated corners and the main façade openings topped by fan-shaped arches. Although Georgian in style it has an odd number of windows – 3 for the store and 2 for the residence. It is the last remaining evidence of the Lyon family’s wealth and influence in Richmond. It served as a store with several different owners until almost 1940. It has been owned by the Ralph family as a residence and apartments for many years.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Richmond Ontario's 200th Anniversary Walking Tour