Created By: Katie Mannix
What is today the Mariner's Home on Bethel Street was originally built in 1787 as the home of William Rotch Jr. In 1951, Rotch's daughter, Sarah, donated the home to the New Bedford Port Society, which moved the home to its present location and dedicated it as a home for sailors. Today, the Mariner's Home continues to function in this way.
Information Courtesy A Picture History of New Bedford, Volume 1
This point of interest is part of the tour: New Bedford Historical Walking Tour