Masonic Lodge Goodwood

Richmond Ontario's 200th Anniversary Walking Tour

Masonic Lodge Goodwood

Ottawa, Goulbourn, Ontario K0A 2Z0, Canada

Created By: Goulbourn Township Historical Society


3494 McBean

The Richmond Lodge came into being on April 21, 1821 although Masonry had been practiced in the village right from the time it was founded in 1818. The name “Goodwood Lodge” was conferred in 1863. The early masons met originally in a private home, then in the Masonic Arms Tavern, Rielly’s hotel and in Patrick McElroy’s store until the Lodge purchased the present land in 1912. They laid the cornerstone for the present building in 1918 with the Lodge officially opening there in 1919 – one hundred years after the Duke of Richmond, a prominent Mason, visited their community. “Goodwood” was the name of his estate in England.

This point of interest is part of the tour: Richmond Ontario's 200th Anniversary Walking Tour


Leave a Comment



Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide



Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to