Created By: North Dakota State University
The Maier house was built by John and Dora Maier, who were originally from Russia, south of Moorhead, MN in 1896. Their daughter Magdalina Maier lived in the home until her death in 1981. Magdalina's children wanted to fulfill their mothers wishes of preserving the house and donated it to Bonanzaville in 1983.
The building was originally used to display Magdalina's large doll collection, as well as the other dolls in Bonanzaville's collection. Now the building houses a small portion of Bonanzaville's large medical collection.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Bonanzaville Full Village Tour