Created By: Hennepin County
The Minnetonka Herald was the most popular newspaper in Wayzata for more than thirty years. Started by Palmer Holman in 1930, its publishing headquarters were originally located one block west in the back of the Wayzata Theater. It was purchased in 1936 by four school teachers – M.G. Gullixson, Mike Vukas, Joe O’Connell, and Einar Ryden – and moved east to this location in 1939. In 1965 Sun Newspapers purchased the Wayzata Herald and merged it with the Mound Pilot and Deephaven Argus to form what would become the Sun Sailor. Publishing has since moved to a new location, but the building has lived on to house multiple restaurants including Blue Point and Bellecour.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Wayzata Walking Tour