Created By: Auckland Council
A Presbyterian businessman, J. C. Entrican, gave a site on the corner to the Presbyterian Church in 1913, but this was quickly changed to the current location in 1922. The land was bought from George Fowlds, a former Government minister. The move proved problematic to the Mount Albert Gymnasium Club, which met in the former church, and it was forced to find new accommodations when the Presbyterians moved. The original site was then sold to Hellaby’s butchers, who constructed the building which is now Goodwin’s letting agents.
Continue down Mount Albert Road to No. 1, which is accessible down an access lane behind a row of shops.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Mount Albert History Walk