Created By: Lily
The Nathan H. Cohen Building is located at the corner of West Main and North Race Streets, and covers 132 and 136 West Main Street. It is an example of Classic Revival design and attributed to famous Urbana architect Joseph Royer, built of red brick with extensive ivory terra cotta trim in 1907. It even has an infamous gargoyle! Original tenants include a bank, a barber, and a confectioner on the first floor and a cigar factory on the second floor. Recent renovations will provide a restaurant and office space. Property owner Dan Maloney worked with city staff to bring the vision of the Downtown Urbana Historic District to reality.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown District and Imagine Urbana Tour May 2021