Created By: Rideau District Museum
Olivet Baptist Church ~ 30 Church Street
In 1883, the Baptists formed their own congregation and decided to erect the present church. The timbers were hewn from a local farm and the carpenters hailed from Delta. The church was completed in October 1885. The small brick church is typical of rural churches in the area with a rectangular floor plan and square tower with a spire (the spire has since been removed). The brick arches around the Gothic windows and main door are made from limestone keystones. The parsonage was built later and is still in use by the Pastor and his family.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Walking Tour of Westport, Ontario