Created By: UW-Madison
Poultry Research Laboratory
1925 Observatory Drive
The Poultry Research Laboratory replaced a building located at 1800 University Avenue and was constructed at the same time as the Genetics Research Barn. The lab contains incubators, live bird rooms and coolers. The poultry science faculty were combined into the Department of Animal Sciences in 1997 and now have offices in the Animal Science Building. Located behind this brick structure are four sheet metal prefabricated sheds containing pens for laying hens and chicks and cages for roosters.
This point of interest is part of the tour: University of Wisconsin-Madison West CALS