Created By: Kevin Crowell
The River Forest Public Library opened its doors in 1905, in a small store front property on Park Avenue. The current library building, designed by Prairie School architect, William Eugene Drummond, was completed in 1929. An addition to the building was added in 1989. A more complete history of the Library can be found on the River Forest Public Library website.
The library is a designated significant property, as determined in a 2013 survey commissioned for the Village of River Forest Historic Preservation Commission.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Welcome to River Forest!