Created By: Southport Historical Society
The Pilot'sTower located on West Bay Street was built in 1940. This tower replaced an old wooden tower. The Cape Fear Pilot's Association is headquartered in the tower. From here pilots are dispatched to aid incoming and outgoing ships in negotiating the river channels on the 28 mile trip upriver to the Port of Wilmington.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Southport, North Carolina
Please send change requests to email@example.com.