Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
Built in 1903 this museum is one of two along Route 66. Curators constantly update the faclity with new displays for Route 66, Trail of Tears, and local stories. John Ashcroft signed House Bill 1629 into law that designated Route 66 a historic roadway in 1990 in front of this courthouse. Missouri was the first state to take legislative steps toward preserving the "Main Street of America" . This building is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Image courtesy of the Terry Primas & John Bradbury collection
This point of interest is part of the tour: Route 66 Driving Tour