Created By: Los Angeles Visionaries Association
Here, the remains of the retaining wall from the Fremont Hotel, designed by John C Austin.
The hotel, which opened in September 1902, was the first structure on Bunker Hill to be designed in the Mission style, with red-tiled towers and scalloped parapets. Other Mission buildings to follow include the Hotel Munn (A. L. Haley, 1903), the St. Regis (G. A. Howard, 1904), and the Ems (J. C. Newsom, 1905).
This point of interest is part of the tour: BUNKER HILL: STYLE AND SUITABILITY