Created By: Scouts Troop755
Silver Spring Well
It has been a Northville landmark for generations.
As far back as 1913, city residents enjoyed cold spring water from the artesian well here, and visitors traveled here to fill their bottles. On the other side of the nearby railroad tracks, the Silver Springs Water Company bottled water from the same source in the 1920s and sold it throughout the region and on trains passing through. When the water mysteriously stopped running in the 1960s, Northville's Rotary Club sunk a well to renew the sparkling flow. Rotary has supported the site ever since, even as the water has been switched to the Detroit water system.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Northville Heritage Hike