Created By: Inverclyde Tourist Group
This third and final set of doors was the site of Greenock's 1753 firestation and later part of the Municipal Buildings (image 1). It also housed living quarters for its officers and stables for the horses that pulled the fire carts.
Today it houses the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service Museum and Heritage Centre which is run on a voluntary basis by retired fire service workers and has exhibits of several old fire engines and other firefighting equipment (image 2).
Open for Doors Open Days 2021
Continue by walking along Dalrymple Street then turning left into Wallace Place to Pin 52: Wallace Square.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Greenock's Historic Quarter