Created By: Diane Lebo Wallace
The South Otselic Historic District includes 60 contributing buildings from commercial, residential, ecclesiastical, and industrial life. Among the notable buildings are the Methodist Church (ca. 1867), Gladding Corporation factory and office (1895), J. Brown Grist Mill (ca. 1810), Noonan's Blacksmith Shop (1870), Cox Block (1890, destroyed by fire on December 14, 2014), and Dew Drop Building (now post office, 1896). Notable residences include the Octagon House (ca. 1860) and the Queen Anne style Former Gladding Mansion (ca. 1880).
Near FLT Map M22
This point of interest is part of the tour: History along the Finger Lakes Trail - Eastern Region