Created By: Goulbourn Township Historical Society
Methodism came to Richmond soon after the founding of the village. “Saddlebag preachers” such as the Rev. Ezra Healey paid regular visits traveling by horse (and on foot when the roads were bad). They preached in homes and probably the Richmond School House until the first Methodist chapel was built in 1846. The present building was the third Methodist church and sits on the third McBean St. location. In 1925, with church union, the name was changed from the Richmond Methodist Church to St. Paul’s United Church.
(from M. Scott - richmondheritage.ca)
This point of interest is part of the tour: Richmond test - Copy