Created By: DCR Massachusettes
Built in 1905 the stable is among the forts oldest buildings and was complemented by a frame wagon shed, a frame coal shed and scales to weigh coal, hay, and other supplies.
In its early days Fort Andrews was heavily reliant on horse power for its daily operation. Mules served on post well into World War II, as did some mounted officers.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Peddocks Island: Historic Fort Andrews