Created By: Indiana War Memorials
By the end of April, 1929, the limestone statues crowning the Memorial’s magnificent Ionic columns, were ready to be placed.
These sculptures were the work of Henry Hering, noted New York artist, who also did the bronze “Pro Patria” statue, which stands on the south steps of the Memorial.
Each of the limestone statues was carved from a 10 ½ foot, seven-ton block of stone. Six statues are featured on each face of the Memorial and represent Courage, Memory, Peace,Victory, Liberty, and Patriotism
This point of interest is part of the tour: Indiana War Memorials