Created By: Kristin Bowl
4 North Main St.- Stonebraker Building: It was built in 1821, and at one time housed the highest volume stores in Western Maryland. Scharf, in his History of Western Maryland, reports by 1831 Boonsboro had grown to be an important trade center for the surrounding area, and this house sold $90,000 worth of merchandise annually.
In 1924 a store, a bank, and a dwelling occupied this space. In 1940 the bank was replaced with a post office.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Boonsboro, Maryland Walking Tour