Created By: Ithaca Heritage
Cayuga Heights developer Jared T. Newman carved out this small pocket park on the crest of a sandbank in the "Western Slope" section of the neighborhood, located on Sunset Park Drive. Newman and his wife Jane Williams Newman donated the land to the village for use as a public park in 1928. The Newmans gave the parkland to the village with the stipulation that the view would never be obstructed, and so it has remained. The site provides panoramic views of Cayuga Lake and the City of Ithaca in the valley below and is a prime spot for Ithacans to view the July 4th fireworks over Cayuga Lake.
For more on this site, visit The Cayuga Heights History Project website.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Village of Cayuga Heights