Created By: Downtown Ithaca Alliance
402 N. Tioga St. - A building unlike any other downtown, Temple Beth-El was designed by Cornell-educated Buffalo architect Eli Goldstein and erected in 1928-29. Its basic form is that of a cube, topped by an octagon and finished with a twelve-sided clerestory representing the twelve tribes of Israel. The building also features stained-glass windows and glazed tile panels. The classroom wing was added in 1967, designed by local firm Levatich, Hoffman & Miller.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Architectural Walking Tour of Downtown Ithaca