Created By: Nappanee Public Library
Located at 201 North Madison Street, This home was built in 1935 for Carlyle Mutschler. It is a Tudor style structure. It features Cotswold stone and has many other distinctive features like the wall dormers, slate roofing, leaded-glass casement windows with crests, and an attached two-stall garage, a luxury at the time of construction.
Carlyle was the son of Albert and Mary Alice Mutschler. Even though Carlyle was a part of the Mutschler family, the home was furnished from furniture marts in Indianapolis, North Carolina, and New York. In 1925, Carlyle joined the Mutschler Brothers Company and became a sales manager and later president. He retired from the company in 1969.
The home was occupied by the Mutschler family until 1991.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Homes of the Kitchen Industry