Created By: HKBU
The Conservancy Association Centre for Heritage was established in 1909. It is a Grade 2 historic building. Its former site was West Point Chinese Public, which provided medical services to patients with plague and infectious diseases. Therefore, the building witnessed the development of Western medicine in Hon Kong. Then, it converted into a hospital staff quarters after the establishment of Tsan Yuk Hospital。After the war, it was used as a sheltered workshop for the Social Welfare Department, and in 2005, it was leased by The Conservancy Association which organized diversified heritage cultural activities for the public. Nowadays, the main strength of the building is to enhance social awareness of Hong Kong heritage conservation.
This point of interest is part of the tour: GFHC1045 Sai Ying Pun Historical Walking Tour