Created By: Lake Hartwell Country - Leadership Pendleton on the Map
Site #22: The First Farmer's Hall
This structure was the first hall for the Pendleton Farmer's Society. Joseph Van Shanklin donated land for the hall and members of the Society donated materials and labor to complete the building in 1815. It later served as the meeting place for the congregation of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church during the construction of their building and a boarding house for teachers at the adjacent Pendleton Female Academy.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Pendleton Historic Walking Tour