Created By: Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County
In 1816 the Mississauga First Nation surrendered a 428-acre parcel of land. The area had originally been set aside as a native burial ground in 1783. Compensation was agreed upon in 2010 with the Alderville First Nation in relation to this purchase.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Stroll of Discovery: Riverfront Trail, Belleville
Please send change requests to email@example.com.