Created By: Cheltenham Local History Society
The Victorian Bandstand was constructed in 1864 to a design by the Coalbrookdale Company, Ironbridge and is believed to be the oldest bandstand in the country still in regular use. The new ‘orchestra’, as bandstands were referred to then, was used for the first time on 7 September 1864 during a horticultural fête held at Montpellier.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Public Gardens of Cheltenham
Please send change requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.