Created By: Rideau District Museum
The Stevens House ~ 16 Church Street
Dr. M.D. Berry once lived in the house which sits at 16 Church Street. Built in the late 1800s, this grand home also managed to survive the devastating fires of the early 1900s. After Dr. Berry’s death in 1919 the building was purchased by Dr. C.W. Stevens, who became Westport’s dentist, and it was here where he cared for the teeth of the community for many years. The home would stay in the Stevens family until it was sold in the mid-1980s.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Walking Tour of Westport, Ontario